The end of the year is the right time when it comes to preparing summaries. The last 12 months were very busy for Black Photon.
We have expanded and developed our Warsaw-based studio by adding another floor of facilities, where we put an extra editing suites with dedicated broadcast monitors and HDR TVs for editing feature films, series and TV programs.
We have participated as a guest experts at several, most recognised polish film festivals such as Energa CamerImage, American Film Festival or Polish Film Festival in Gdynia.
We have enlarged our Black Photon team, now a great mixture of young and vibrant energy and experience, complemented by creative and open-minded professionals onboard.
In co-operation with one of the most successful Polish craft beer producers, we have created our own customized Black Photon dink.
Last but not least we have been working on a lot of interesting projects. Some of them were small, independent movies – appreciated by international critics and presented at several movie festivals. Another ones were commercial pictures that hit the streaming platforms rankings.
This is a list of 5 movies and tv series that were especially important to us this year.
1. The Hamlet Syndrome – A documentary that depicts the young Ukrainian generation scarred by war and political breakthroughs. The film’s starting point is the preparation for a play based on the motifs of Shakespeare’s Hamlet, which, combined with an intense glimpse into the lives of the characters, creates a powerful portrait of a generation having to confront their war trauma and tackle the painful past, which now after the Russia’s invasion of Ukraine becomes their present and future alike.
2. Hold Tight – is a mystery drama mini-series series based on the novel by Harlan Coben, created by Netflix.. Hold Tight follows the life of a mother named Anna Barczyk, who embarks on a dangerous journey to find her son, Adam, who went missing not too longer his friend was found dead. Determined to uncover her child’s whereabouts, Anna searches for answers in unknown territories, some of which threaten her own life. Nevertheless, she sets out to find out the truth and hopefully find her son alive.
3. 365 days: This Day & The Next 365 days – the second and third parts of Netflix global hit based on erotic trilogy by Polish writer Blanka Lipińska. The plot of the first part follows the story of a young Warsaw woman in a spiritless relationship falling for a dominant Sicilian man, who imprisons and imposes on her a period of 365 days for which to fall in love with him. The next parts presents the following history of this couple.
4. Śubuk – Inspired by real events, the story of a young mother of an autistic boy whose persistence and struggle with bureaucracy and human heartlessness have led to significant changes in the Polish education system. Very moving and inspiring picture that had a premiere at the end of the year.
5. Green Gloves Gang – Another Netflix TV series with an unusual plot and interesting approach to the topic of seniors. What is the drama about? After a failed robbery, a gang of 3 noble thieves: Zuza, Kinga and Alicja hides in a quiet nursing home. While the police are on their heels, the gang continues their activities at the center, giving its elderly residents a second youth.
To find out more about Black Photon, click here